Eric McSweeney is an Economic Development and Management Consultant whose skills, practical guidance and results-oriented approach have helped municipal clients in Canada and Europe develop innovative economic development solutions. He has coordinated or lectured at University of Waterloo economic development program seminars on planning, property development and the local economy. He is a trained facilitator and a trainer in economic development, process facilitation and strategic economic planning.
Mr. McSweeney holds the following designations:
- Certified Economic Developer Fellow Ec.D. (F) - This is Canada's most distinguished designation. It is awarded by the Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC) to economic development professionals who meet education, experience and reference requirements.
- Business Retention & Expansion International Certified Consultant - Mr. McSweeney is certified to deliver this program.
- Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) - This is awarded by the Realtors Land Institute to real estate land professionals who have completed an education program and met rigid requirements in land real estate transactions.
- Certified Commercial-Investment Member (CCIM) - This most highly prized commercial-investment real estate designation is awarded by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) to those with the experience and training to sell, exchange, lease, manage, develop, finance and syndicate commercial and investment real estate.
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC) - This is the profession's only international certification mark. Recognized in more than 40 countries, it shows a commitment to the highest standards of consulting and adherence to the ethical canons of the profession.
Mr. McSweeney is active in the Ottawa business community as a Director on the Board of the Barrhaven Business Improvement Area (BIA) and a Board Director of the Ottawa MacDonald Cartier International Airport Authority. He is a former Chair of the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce and a former volunteer firefighter.
In his spare time, Mr. McSweeney enjoys wine and beer-making and photography, and is an avid off-road motorcyclist, who owns and rides a KTM 300 XC-W and a KTM 400 EXC.